First Call for ADHEsion GPCR Network Short Term Scientific Mission
Application Deadline: 31/10/2020
Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs) are exchange visits aimed at supporting individual mobility, strengthening existing networks and fostering collaboration between researchers. A STSM should specifically contribute to the scientific objectives of ADHEsion GPCR Network (https://www.cost.eu/actions/CA18240/#tabs|Name:overview), whilst at the same time allowing those partaking in the missions to learn new techniques, gain access to specific data, instruments, or methods that are not available in their own institutions.
STSM Criteria and Eligibility
- One of the participant labs must be a member of ADHEsion GPCR Network with preference given to missions between two ADHEsion GPCR Network member labs.
- The proposed project should have a sound scientific justification and result in outputs that will advance the objectives of ADHEsion GPCR Network.
- Priority will be given to:
o Early Career Investigators (awarded PhD no more than 8 years before the application deadline)
o Applicants who have not previously benefited from COST funding through ADHEsion GPCR Network unless the proposed mission will advance a collaboration initiated through a previous ADHEsion GPCR Network activity.
- The duration of the mission must be at least 5 days, with a maximum of 90 days. In addition to the standard STSM, ECIs are also eligible for an extended visit with a duration between 91 and 180 days. It is obligatory to submit a scientific report, which has to be handed in within 30 days of completion of the STSM.
- The whole STSM procedure must be completed before the end of the grant period 30/04/21.
- It is COST policy to promote gender balance, enable early career investigators, and broaden geographical representation so women, ECIs, and researchers from Inclusiveness Target Countries* are particularly encouraged to apply.
An STSM grant is a fixed financial contribution and does not necessarily cover all expenses related to performing a given mission. The Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee. For standard STSMs (5 to 90 day durations) or extended STSMs (91 to 180 day durations; ECIs only) the grant will cover eligible travel expenses and up to €160/day for accommodation and meals. The total amount of the grant will not exceed €2500.
1. Applicants must apply using the COST online system at https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm. The applicant is the person who will travel on the STSM, not their PI or host. Applications are now completed entirely on the e-COST website. Detailed instructions are available in the STSM Guidebook which can be downloaded here: https://www.cost.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/STSM-userguide-for-website-Oct-2018.pdf
2. Following the STSM, successful applicants will also need to submit a Scientific Report (maximum 1 page) detailing the activities carried out during the STSM and a letter from a senior scientist at the Host Institution officially approving the report.
Applications will be considered by the ADHEsion GPCR Network and Action Activities Committee (SAAC) and successful applicants will be notified by e-mail (please check your spam folders if you do not hear within a week of the application deadline).
For more information, please see the COST Vademecum at:
*Inclusiveness Target Countries include: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey